Alabama Attorneys for Filing Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
Financial crises can hit anyone at any time, no matter your profession. Medical emergencies, the sudden loss of a job or emergency home repair can all have devastating effects on one's finances. When things begin spiraling out of control, it is wise to seek the counsel of an experienced lawyer to learn more about your options.
The Dothan Chapter 13 bankruptcy attorneys at Espy, Metcalf & Espy have collectively helped thousands of individuals gain control of their money and work toward a more stable financial future. Individuals who do not qualify for Chapter 7 bankruptcy or whose problems Chapter 7 will not adequately address can still find debt relief by filing for Chapter 13. This filing is more complex, and there are several features we feel are important, including:
- Chapter 13 is a debt reorganization and debt repayment plan.
- The repayment period lasts between three (3) and five (5) years.
- The repayment amount is often based on disposable income and/or equity in assets.
- At the end of the repayment period, all remaining general, unsecured debt is eliminated.
- A successful Chapter 13 filing can prevent foreclosures or the repossession of vehicles.
- Payments are made to a trustee who distributes money to the proper creditors.
Chapter 13 bankruptcy exists as a way for an individual debtor to reorganize his or her short-term debt. In our experience, we have rarely come across an individual who cannot qualify for Chapter 13. Trust our attorneys to guide you through the entire process.
Contact Our Firm
If you have questions about how filing for bankruptcy can help you get a fresh financial start, contact Espy, Metcalf & Espy to learn more. We offer a free consultation, and can schedule appointments late in the day to accommodate our clients.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
No representation is made that the quality of the legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers.
The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. This Web site is not intended to be an advertisement or solicitation.